Erik Qualman of Socialnomics has created a new version of his famous original video “Social Media Revolution” which has received over 1.9 million views since July last year. Eric’s new version released earlier this month is a fresh and exciting look into the updated Social Media statistics and the phenomenal global growth of Social Media. Some of the interesting keypoints and facts include:
- Facebook is now topping Google for weekly traffic in US.
- Social Media has overtaken pornography as #1 activity on the web.
- Facebook added over 200.000.000 user in less than a year.
- 80% of companies use Social Media for reqruitment. 95% of these do it on LinkedIn.
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 old females.
- 90% of people watching TV skip the ads using TiVo or PVR’s.
- 60 million status updates happen on Facebook every day.
- YouTube has become the world’s second biggest search engine. It is owned by Google.
- 78% of consumers rather trust peer recommendations. Only 14% trust traditional advertising.
Social Media Revolution
The message of this presentation is that businesses don’t have a choice any more. It is not a question whether they want to engage in Social Media or not. The question is how well they do it?
Enjoy the updated version of the Social Media Revolution Part 2!
PS. While you were watching this video over 100 hours of new videos was uploaded to YouTube.
Check out the original Social Media Revolution video featured here: Social Media is More Interesting Than Porn